Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Movie Studies and Megacon




These are a little old, but I've been trying to build my sense of cinema lately by doing studies from paused movies. Lately though, I've just been doing quick thumbnail studies in my sketchbook as opposed to these painted studies. Just trying to block in the composition and understand what the director was going for. Although I couldn't help but render the Citizen Kane studies because the lighting is just so f*cking amazing. As I did the CK studies, the lightbulb really came on.

So....Megacon. Crazy comic book convention in Orlando Florida taking place in about two weeks. WHO'S GOING?!?!

Well unfortunately, I'm not. BUT a bunch of my buddies are, including:

:icon3nrique:, :icontillman54:, :iconanimatedtako:,:icontheconti:, :iconjeraldolewis2: and more. So if you're going, make sure you stop by one of the Kaiser Studio tables and say what's up. If you mention my name, you'll get a free handshake.

Also, they'll be debuting the RPG card and dice game, Dark Legacy. The Megacon homepage has more info:

http://www.megaconvention.com/

No comments: