Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CGMA Class!

So like I mentioned before, I've been taking James Paick's Environment Design for Entertainment 1 class.  It's been going pretty well and I've definitely been learning a lot and practicing things I would definitely not have practiced otherwise.  I thought I'd go ahead post up my first two homework assignments for you guys to see:




    It's been a struggle doing these outside of my normal job, but it's been insanely worth it.  The first two weeks have pretty much been focusing exclusively on composition, value distribution, and lighting.  I think I spectacularly failed in some of these areas and I think I succeeded in others.  I notice that I'm falling into comfort zones in terms of how I organize my values, but for now I'm going to try to just internalize the lessons and deal with repeating myself after I'm more comfortable with the material.

7 comments:

Ryan Bowlin said...

Nice work, Danny! I like the first batch quite a lot. You've got some really interesting things happening in there. Keep it rockin'! Can't wait to see how your enviro chops improve!

Meg Park said...

These are amazing!!

Danny Araya said...

Thanks guys!

bee_low said...

Dude these are looking pimp!

bee_low said...

Dude these are pimp! Keep it up Danny.

Unknown said...

This is insane. You are insane.

I was already a huge fan of you but... Dang.

I mean...

Dude...

Insane.

Unknown said...

Hi. Nice work. I am planning to take the environment design course at CGMA. I was wondering if u could tell me if I can use my own stories in my homework assignments? Thank you for your time. And keep up your cool work:) Best, Oslo, Norway. Raymond Johansen.