Friday, December 25, 2009

It's christmas


I painted this for my mom yesterday. She thought it was pretty funny, then she critiqued the shit out of it.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday, I'm grateful that I got to spend mine here at home. Aside from spending time with my family, it's been a blessing not eating PB and J and frozen pizza every day. I'm also starting to crawl out of the art funk I've been having for the past few weeks, which means I've gotta really buckle down and decide what new pieces I'm going to create for my portfolio.
Also, I've started thinking about getting my Master's. I've begun the application process to both Cal Arts and SCAD, but I'm only in the early stages. I'm not AT ALL sure that it's what I want to do, but I feel like I need to start making moves. I've been adrift since graduation, and I can't just keep blindly applying to video game and animation houses hoping to get picked up, while sitting at home drawing all day. Furthering my education might be the best thing for me right now, who knows? Anyway nothing's concrete, so we'll see where things go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're insanely talented!

All the best for the new year! :)

Danny Araya said...

well thanks, and same to you!