Saturday, July 31, 2010

Comic Con was awesome!


Comic Con was insane. There were lots of awesome people, lots of money spent, lots of generous artists giving me more advice than I know what to do with.

I very quickly discovered that Stuart NG's booth is a magical place where bank accounts go to die. They had so many amazing art books that I'd never even heard of, and I'm obsessed with art books. I want to say thanks to Octavio Rodriguez and Louie Del Carmen especially for tearing my work apart and putting up with hundreds of my questions throughout the entire con!

But ANYWAY, I should talk about the pikchur. The image above was kind of a style test for a possible future project. I'm thinking of pursuing this aesthetic for my thesis/student film if I really do end up going to SCAD for my Master's in September. This may be way too ambitious to pull off on my own, but I think I'll just ignore that issue and learn my lesson the hard way.

3 comments:

NePaul Wilson said...

Man, I'm glad you had an awesome time at Comic-Con, I was in Venice during Comic-con, I plan on going next year.

It's really good to have people rip your art a new one and tell you what really needs to be said, I personally love it when people do that to mine, but then again there is ALWAYS room for improvement not matter how good you are.

As for your piece today, awesome detail on that tree. I really like the feel and strech of it. It's been awhile since I've seen your work!

Danny Araya said...

Yeah man, I agree!

And thanks dude, glad you like it.

Unknown said...

dude the environment is pimp!!